Thursday, 16 January 2014
Former WSOP Main Event champion Greg Raymer is looking for a financial backer according to a recent post on 2+2.
Despite a live tournament record that boasts a WSOP title, four HPT titles and almost $7.5 million in earnings, Greg has taken to the internet to ask for investments up to the value of $100,000 to help cover his projected poker expenditure in 2014. Having previously had various sponsorship deals, including a stint with PokerStars, Greg hasn't needed to worry about generating a stable income in the past, however, with most of his revenue streams now dried up he's looking to reduce some of his risk. According to the post the main reason for his plea is because his wife has become "more and more nervous about [him] playing poker". With this in mind he's decided offer up to 60% of himself in tournaments throughout the coming year in order to maintain a healthy marriage EV. Unlike the majority of staking deals that take place in the poker world where one person invests in someone for a corresponding percentage of their action, Greg has chosen to do things a little differently. In a twist on things, Greg is asking for $100,000 worth of investments (in chunks of $1,000) and in return he'll be taking 40% of the annual winnings while the remaining 60% will be split between the investors. As a further twist, Greg will be buying 20% of himself which means he'll also be taking a cut of the 60% going to investors. For example: "The total starting bankroll is $100K, of which you put up $10K. At the end of the year, the total bankroll is $200K, for a profit of $100K. In this situation, you would receive $16K, your $10K investment, plus 10% of 60% of the profit."So far his post has received mixed responses and it appears as though now action has been booked, but with a decade of wins under his belt it's likely that Greg will find at least a few people willing to take a punt on him.
Christmas is just around the corner and Juicy Stakes and Intertops Poker are getting into the holiday spirit by offering online poker players the chance to double one re-load deposit up to $100.
Juicy Stakes has announced the launch of a series of daily freeroll online poker tournaments that will award players with spots into special weekly games featuring prize pools of up to $300.
Four online poker players that won prize packages into the $2,400 main event of the PPC Aruba World Championship 2016 courtesy of Intertops Poker and Juicy Stakes are on their way to the Caribbean this weekend and will be joined by vlogger ‘TheTrooper97’.
Americas Cardroom has released its fifth and final sponsored video chronicling the action from the Punta Cana Poker Classic 2016, which ended on Sunday with Latvian player Eduards Kudrjavcevs taking the main event title and its $143,675 first-place prize.
Intertops Poker and Juicy Stakes.
Win $300 prize pool tournament seats.
Juicy Stakes and Intertops Poker.
Americas Cardroom releases final video.
Poker’s unassuming killer steps back into the limelight.
Meet one of UK poker's rising stars.
We talk to WSOP bracelet winner.
By Paul Oresteen.
Just keep smiling...
By Adam Slutsky
Pushing the envelope for a new poker generation.
Jeff KImber on fish.
So says Dara O'Kearney.
Dara O'Kearney looks at game thoery.
Dara O'K on bounty tournaments.
Rob Yong calls for competition.
A critical eye on the poker world.
Nick Wealthall on unconscious decision making.
Structure changes don't suit recreationals.
Features | Strategy | Interviews | Reviews | News | Profiles | Pages | British Poker Awards
© 2015 BluffEurope.com