Bluff Europe Beginner
Joined: 15 Oct 2011
Topic: POKER Paradise
Posted: 17 Oct 2011 at 7:19am
Hey guys, I'm new playing poker online since I'm always playing poker on real live with my colleagues on the table. Can you give me some advice and overview about this? Please reply....
Bluff Europe Beginner
Joined: 25 Dec 2011
|Quote Reply Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 6:48pm|
42 Best Online,
From my, as yet unpublished, "LITTLE HALLOWED HOLD'EM POKER SERMONS" book:
1.Learn to play Texas Hold'em well by first by reading a few books or going online and
By Terrence "VP Pappy" Murphy
downloading some strategy articles. Read, read, read. Study, study, study. Read, read,
and then read some more.
2. Don't play for real money until you can
win, or at least come close to winning, in
3. Fold, fold, fold those marginal hands when
you are one of the first to act close to the
4. Play more marginal hands when you are one
of the last to act close to the button and
5. Don't be afraid to raise and re-raise
preflop with the top five starting cards. (Aces,
6. Concentrate on surviving, rather than
making the big score early in the tournament.
A. Very tight early in the contest.
B. Less tighter
C. Gamble a little
D. Gamble more
E. Go for it!
7. Play a tight/aggressive style that
consists of folding often and raising with your best
8. Control you emotions. Become a robot.
9. Patience, discipline and selective aggression is the key to victory.
Don't get too tricky. Most of the players won't notice that you are a poker
Don't slow-play (checking, calling or betting small) unless you are almost
20. Raise more, call less, check seldom, fold often.
Keeping a small kicker with a high card and calling is a sure ticket to
Keep a notepad and pen nearby to take notes about the game. You can forget a
23. Expect long, boring spaces where you will get nothing
but garbage and have to fold,
Use the all-in rarely, and only with the nuts (the best hand possible using the
Occasionally, put in a bluff when you are the first to act and small cards hit
26. For the most part, respect a raise. Fold unless you have a really good hand.
27. Every once in a while with your marginal hands, try to
steal the blinds when you and
28. Check/call/raise periodically when you have a great
hand. You will get more calls on
29. You don't need much to bet with, but you sure as hell need something to call with.
30. The more people that stay, the better the hand you'll need.
Let the hand go if you're not sure if it's a winner and it is going to cost you
a bundle if
Watch for early position callers. Unless they are really bad players, they
Put reminders and tips on how to play the game on or around your computer. Keep
Don't put too much stock in how fast or slow people play their hands. It
When in doubt and only if you have played a lot, go with your gut instinct. A
37. Don't under bet you best hands, Pre-flop. Raise three
or four times the big blind, then
39. Good starting cards are the best protection against bad
42. And lastly, don't forget to wear those bad-ass sunglasses.
You'll look really cool and
|Forum Jump||Forum Permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum